This postcard was postmarked in Seaside Heights on August 26, 1913, when the town was about six months old. The view shows the residence of Mayor Edmund C. Kramer – the town’s first mayor. The postcard was mailed to Margrret Gerber in Adamstown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, with the message “Dear Maggie: A picture of Mary’s home – Pretty isn’t it?” Mayor Kramer moved permanently to Seaside Heights from Philadelphia in 1911 and served five terms as mayor. A contractor and builder, Mayor Kramer erected many buildings in Seaside Heights, including the original firehouse, the “new” Union Church that was built in 1921, the Goodwin-Kramer Building on the northeast corner of Sumner Avenue and the Boulevard, and the Colonial Theatre in Seaside Park. He was active in organizing the Seaside Heights Volunteer Fire Company and the Board of Trade.